Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Tetris World Record Breakthrough!


As most of you know, I am going to be going down to LA in August to be a part of the Classic Tetris World Championship in August. This came about for many reasons, not the least of which is the fact that I am currently the world record holder for the 9th highest Tetris score ever recorded. Well, at least I used to be...

I have been training pretty hard for the competition because, although I am obviously very good at Tetris, as far as the World Championships I am definitely the underdog. There are some absolutely incredible players expected to attend. During this practice time however, I have also been attempting to break my previous world record and last night I did just that.



Barring some horrible mistake by the US Postal service (and even then, I have a backup tape), 668,515 points is soon to be the 5th highest Tetris score of all time, as played by Daniel Anderson.

Hopefully this is a wave that I can ride all the way to the tournament, which you can find out more about right here. I know that I have a lot of fans and friends in Los Angeles already, so I expect to see you all there showing your support! I want to see signs people!

4 comments:

miki said...

yay! congrats. dan and i will be there with bells on... and maybe vinyl clothing. TBD. depends on if you go the whole Galagher route or not...

jimmy jimmy said...

Yeahhhhhhh!

Ben Mullen said...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bIfzyYT1Oho

lol

Ben Mullen said...

well... i dont know if that worked... hillarious matrix reference though. Why mr. anderson, why, why do you persist?

haha