Saturday, June 19, 2010

Delorean: Good Car, Great Band

Originally, this blog was going to serve as nothing more than an MP3 blog, where I was going to share the various songs that I was into at any given time and post about bands. Things have obviously evolved and by now I post whatever I want, but recently a group has come along that is fantastic enough to warrant a good ol' check-these-guys-out post.



Delorean is a Spanish band that has been around for quite a while, although I had never heard of them until the release of their latest record, Subiza, in March of this year. I can't speak for the rest of their albums because I haven't heard them, but after having this one for only about a month now, I can already tell that it's close to a dance masterpiece.

Sonically, it's the opitimy of what I like to call 90s dance. Sliced up, unintelligible vocals repeating over classic House beats, rhythmic triplets in the bass line, and a great sense of unabashed poppyness are all highlights of the bands sound. It reminds me of when I first discovered the song Halycon and On and On by Orbital. I was just eight years old, and I would listen to that track over and over again thinking, "why doesn't some just make an album where ever song is like this?". Well, someone finally did.



If you like what you hear you can download Delorean's records here!

1 comment:

Steve said...

Hmm, not bad at all. I knew about Delorean a while ago but never got around to checking what their sound is like.