Saturday, January 16, 2010

Leno Vs. Kimmel



Late night TV has always been dear to my heart, ever since I was getting horrible grades throughout high school from watching Letterman and O'Brien every night and then falling asleep in class. Needless to say, I have been following the whole Tonight Show situation very closely. It's weird to see all of the late night shows referencing each other because for years it seems like they had gone so far out of there way not to, and it's even more unusual to see how many of the Leno and NBC jabs are not the usual softballs getting thrown around, but full-on, pissed off attacks.

I just stumbled across this interview, from just a few days ago, between Jimmy Kimmel and Jay Leno. It's almost jaw dropping how little Kimmel holds back, and it gives me a huge respect for Jimmy. My favorite line, hands down is when Jay innocently asks him the best practical joke he's ever pulled, to which Kimmel responds "I told a guy that five years from now, 'I'm gonna give you my show,' and then when the five years came, I gave it to him and then I took it back almost instantly."

2 comments:

Joel said...

Team CoCo all the way!

Anonymous said...

great article. I would love to follow you on twitter. By the way, did any one know that some chinese hacker had busted twitter yesterday again.
[url=http://amazon.reviewazone.com/]Debra[/url]