Sunday, November 15, 2009

Altitude Trailer

So by now I have managed to check out three of the 10 upcoming films that I wanted to see below, and I wasn't disappointed by a single one. I actually think that Antichrist is not only one of the most disturbing movies that I have ever seen, but one of the best. Unfortunately, it's so extreme I would feel slightly irresponsible recommending it to anyone. I also thought that The Box and The Fourth Kind were both much better than the reviews would have one believe.

(Brief side-note: Universal was just sued by the Alaska Press Club over The Fourth Kind, for fabricating news articles about alien abduction in Nome. They payed 20 grand.)

I just caught another new trailer and this movie looks like a lot of fun. I am a sucker for monster flicks and the concept of this one is pretty damn original. It's like Cthulu, but instead of hanging out underwater this thing lives in the sky. It should also be noted that I am a sucker for all things even remotely Lovecraft.

Here is what the Bloody Disgusting synopsis says about Altitude:

Lost in a mysterious cloudbank, a rookie pilot and her four teenage friends must contend with a freak mechanical failure that first sends their small plane climbing to an impossible height, and then plummeting through endless mist.

After regaining control, the survivors are confronted with a horrifying realization - the very ground beneath them has vanished and a malevolent force lurking in the clouds wants them dead.


Check out the trailer below:

1 comment:

Matt Sullivan said...

wow, thanks for all these movie reviews. i'm starting to regain a little bit of faith in the modern film industry. :)
i didn't see you mention 2012 anywhere yet... did you see it? i've yet to.
the end of the world theme is a tired one, but i'm interested to see where they take the plot.