Monday, August 10, 2009

Dylan's Christmas Is Coming

Today I finished up the writing fifteenth demo for the next full length Ghost And The Grace record and am debating whither or not to record a few more to choose from. While I consider my options, however, there is another project that I am going to dive into, which is The Ghost And The Grace Christmas record, or EP, or whatever. The funny thing about making Christmas records is that if you want to have it done in time for the holiday season then you need to start it really early when the sun is shining and Christmas is the last thing on your mind.

Apparently Bob Dylan has the same idea, because suddenly a bunch of people are posting around the net that the legend plans on releasing his first ever Christmas record this year. Some songs that have already been confirmed are "Must Be Santa", "I'll be Home for Christmas", "Here Comes Santa Claus" and "O Little Town of Bethlehem". The concept of this is actually pretty exciting for me, as I am always thrilled for more good Christmas music. I only hope that he goes the extra step of not just covering the classics but also adding to that ever expanding catalog of holiday tracks in existence.



Scott Marshall, an author who penned a book about Dylan, is quoted as saying "At first glance it may sound bizarre, but I don't think Dylan cares much about what his detractors might make of it". I don't get that at all, some of the best Christmas albums are folk records.