Thursday, May 21, 2009

Sherlock Holmes Trailer!

I love Sherlock Holmes. Always have, ever since I read The Hound of the Baskervilles as a little kid. The trailer has finally been released for Guy Ritchie's take on the classic character, and I have to say that I am very impressed. It seems like most people are familiar with the character but have never actually read the books, and might be surprised to realize that this rendition of the character is not that far off, and in some ways truer to the tone of the stories. Sure he is a logical deduction genius, but he's also a socially awkward, coke-head boxer.

5 comments:

Haylee Joel said...

Oh my god that looks so cool.

Joel said...

saw it last night at an early showing of terminator, looks pretty rad. the whole audience cracked up at the last bit.

Gregory said...

While I think think it's true to the character of Holmes, I don't think it's so true to the story of Holmes. Either way, I'm not going to bother comparing the two, as they're obviously different. Just gonna be excited, and take the movie as it is.

The Moth said...

"While I think think it's true to the character of Holmes, I don't think it's so true to the story of Holmes"

Neither is Batman Begins, The Dark Knight, or the new Star Trek (depending on how you look at it.) I prefer it that way personally, then you don't know what is going to happen.

Max said...

Yeah I saw the trailer the other night before Terminator as well. I've never read any of the books, but the trailer does indeed peak my interest.