Saturday, January 10, 2009

Single Ladies (Put A Powerglove On It)

I know that I am a little late on this, so forgive me, but Single Ladies (Put A Ring On It) is one of the best songs that I have heard in a long time. I never really cared much for Beyonce, give or take a few singles, but this is amazing. Percussion wise the track is really similar to what I have been trying to archive with some of the new Idiot Pilot tracks, and the production is ridiculously good. It's no wonder one of the songwriters was Christopher Stewart, the guy who wrote Rhianna's Umbrella. That dude rips.



I think that the icing on the cake has to be the fact that Beyonce rocks a Nintendo Powerglove throughout the whole video. Just ask Tobey Maguire, he loves the powerglove.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

that drumming sounds really different from what i'd expect to hear on the new record, but can't wait for the upcoming Idiot Pilot! we in for a Surprize?

Stu said...

Beyonces body is just amazing, those legs! Her music is fun and catchy but not something I would listen to.

Interesting to see the drumming relating to Idiot Pilot, very upbeat.