Friday, October 17, 2008

The Sound Of Music

Oops, sorry about that...


Yeeeeesh!

I know there is no excuse for me disappearing like that but I will try my best. Simply put, I have been working like crazy. Fortunately, for those of you who are familiar with what it is that I do for a living( and/or happen to enjoy it) this is ultimately good news for you. Recording, recording, recording; this has been the order of business for the last few weeks. At one point I even packed up all of my things and went over to a cabin on Orcas Island to record, with mixed results... if you would call a Marvin Gaye-style R&B slow-jam a result (I sure as hell would.) This album is really taking shape and growing legs and wings and possibly fangs. The demos are sounding like finished products and we haven't even really started to put on the polish. I have already found myself ordering the songs in iTunes and figuring out what should go where as far as tracklisting. It feels nice.

I have also been breaking up the outrageous recording schedule with visits to the local movie theater. "Quarantine" in particular, is much, much better than I think most reviews would have you believe, especially Jay Hernandez who I have thought was rad as hell ever since Hostel. He is also in Lakeview Terrace, yet another film that I pried myself away from the studio to see. Once again, I think that it is much better than the reviews make it out to be.

I have to cut myself short and hurry up to see Oliver Stone's W. right now. Talk again soon, I swear.

2 comments:

Evan Konrad said...

Hells yeah, glad to hear you're working, sounds exactly like what i'm doing right now, I've been working non-stop in the studio for the past few weeks, I hope it's all going well for the two of you. I can't wait to hear some new music!

david said...

work hard and you can achieve your dreams.