Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Pick Me Up

What a day.

Well, let's just dive right in shall we. I have been getting this rash on my face as of late. It started around my nose, just dry and reddish skin really, but it's never been that big of a deal. Generally I just put lotion on it and it will go through stages of coming and going. This morning I wake up though, and it has spread out from my nose and it's fucking itchy. I go to the doctor and he is essentially like: it's not a big deal, your skins dry, take this over the counter cream and put it on your face. When I leave the doctor, however, I suddenly realize that I have forgotten my phone. I return, and there is this weird family sitting where I had been waiting previously. It's been a little while so I go over to the check-in guy and ask if anyone has turned in a cellphone, he says no but suggests I go check in the chair I was sitting in. Alright, cool. I walk over and say to the kid, "Hey, excuse me, did you happen to see a cell phone sitting in this chair or around it when you got here?" The kid won't even look at me, which is weird, but then again his face is covered with two or three inch long open sores and boils, which is also pretty fucking weird. So he just sits there until his mom is like, hey, fucking kid, move so this guy can look for his phone. The kid (actually he was more like a young teenager) mumbles and gets up and I check the chair, no phone, and just as I am about to leave the office lady tells me that she can call my number for me if I would like. Sweet. I walk over and tell her my number and she says that she will call and check the room that I was in when the doctor saw me, she calls and I show her the room and we listen carefully because my phone was on vibrate, but it's not there. I then walk back into the waiting room and see that this kids hand is suddenly in his pocket and he is fiddling with something. I watch him and eventually he stops. Great, so this fucking kid probably has my phone. I know that he's got it but I'm not certain enough to just tell him to empty his pockets, so I leave the office but hang out outside the door, watching, but unfortunately the kid doesn't fumble anymore. I think to myself, I need a phone so I can call and see if he reaches for it again, then I can be sure and go in like, "give me my fucking phone", but the unfortunate thing about this little plan of mine is that, well, I don't have a phone anymore. I decide the only thing to do is to go find the nearest phone and come back with it. I figure I've got plenty of time because I had to wait like two hours to see the doctor and they probably will too. Turns out they don't, because by the time I get downtown, borrow my moms phone and then drive all the way back out to the doctor, the whole family is gone and my phone has been turned off. Bumming hard, I go and buy myself a new phone. Sweet. Not exactly something I can just throw money around for.

So here I am now, no numbers in this costly new phone of mine, my face is all read from this weird skin thing, and some little shit is getting his boils all over my phone. Not to mention that blogger is giving me a hell of a time and for some reason my new posts aren't going to anyones subscriptions or showing up on other blogs. (P.S. If this applies to you I think you might need to re-add me.)

I think need something to cheer me up.



All better.

7 comments:

Joel said...

dude... the whole baby deer thing.. then this. humans just really suck. what new phone you get?

Stu said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Stu said...

From what your saying it sounds like you have dermatitis. I also get this around my nose and eyebrows... itchy, red, comes and goes. Welcome to the club.

Chad said...

the moral of this story... don't set your phone on vibrate ;-)

The Moth said...

The new phone was an LG something or other, it's nice actually. And Stu, that is what I had, but it is seriously already gone from this cream. The doctor knew what was up.

Stu said...

What cream did you use? I have had various creams and well it goes for a bit then comes back. I'm sure it's something that I'm/we're eating, I have been trying to narrow it down for montns.

The Moth said...

Ha ha just get this stuff called Hydrocortisone 1%, it's at the pharmacy. Alright, no my face cream discussion in my blog.