Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Norm MacDoland: "Not" Humor God

This may sound very weird to everyone, but a lot of my friends spend copious amounts of time discussing "not" humor. Now when I say "not" humor, I don't mean the joke that most of you are probably thinking of, you know the one where you say something that isn't true and then you wait and you say "not." Yeah, not that one.

The not humor I am talking about is where the thing that is funny is that everything is terribly, terribly unfunny. The more uncomfortable the better, and eventually you will get into the head space where the funniest thing you could ever imagine is someone totally bombing, on purpose or otherwise.

This is one of the best "not" bit's I have ever seen. It just happened this Sunday at the Friar's Club Roast of Bob Saget. Check out Norm MacDonald totally kill it by not killing it at all.

6 comments:

Stu said...

I can see why he's not on tv anymore...

The Moth said...

Oh man, this makes me wish he had his own sitcom.

Stu said...

I can see what you are getting at, it's so awkward and unfunny that it's hillarious. But at points my jaw was on my lap.

He even questions his cards, which is funny.

The Moth said...

Ha ha ha, yeah that is such a good detail

david said...

"they wanna murder you in a well." he fuckin' killed it.

stefanie p. warmouth said...

that was so rich little!