Friday, August 8, 2008

N.E.R.D., Randy Newman, and Nine Inch Nails.

A while ago I did a post about three particular songs that I was really into at the moment. Today, while I was driving around and running those errands of mine, I thought that it's just about time for me to do another one. After all, this was originally an MP3 blog wasn't it? The theme for this post is that all three of the songs I am going to share with you guys are from that particular artist's latest release.



This first song is a track off of the new N.E.R.D album, a group you may also know as The Neptunes, and even more of you may know as Pharrell Williams, Chad Hugo and Shae Haley. The record as a whole is really very good, with plenty of standout tracks, but I think that I like this one the most.

Love Bomb by N.E.R.D.



Alright, here we have a track off the new Randy Newman album, which I actually just picked up this morning. A lot of the songs on here have a really amazing dixieland style production that is how I think Randy Newman is best presented, so I couldn't be more stoked. This particular track is mostly just piano and strings though. I love the simplicity of this song, it's just an amazing little pop gem that is short and sweet and pretty, great lyrics too.

Losing You by Randy Newman



This last song I am going to post is a track from the new Nine Inch Nails album, The Slip. The Slip was released online by Trent Reznor for the price of totally and completely free. I highly, highly, highly recommend going and getting yourself a copy right here. Apparently the record was recorded in just three weeks of studio time and for the most part that doesn't come across at all. It's a brilliant piece of work.

Discipline by Nine Inch Nails

No comments: