Sunday, August 10, 2008

The Most Amazing Video I've Ever Shot

Yesterday night I saw something that really kind of terrified me.

Now, as most of you know, I am generally pretty good humored when it comes to encounters with the bro lifestyle, but I witnessed something shocking on my way home last night that just can't be described as anything but, well, shocking...

So I am driving back from hanging out downtown when I notice something on the sidewalk a few blocks from my house. I pull over and take a look and yes, it is exactly what I thought, a baby deer that was crossing the street has been hit and is dead on the side of the road. But this alone is not the amazing part, what is amazing is that standing right next to it, literally mourning over it, is the mother deer. It was beautiful and sad and amazing to watch, to see this mother creature circling it's baby, almost confused as to why it was just laying there like that. I watched this for quite a while, and even when my car was right up next to them the mother deer would not leave it's young. Call me weird, or whatever, but I suddenly felt like I had to preserve this moment, it was just too rare and amazing and I wanted to capture it so that other people could witness it so I drove home as quickly and grabbed my camera. I headed back to scene where the mother was still standing over her baby then I parked the car and got out, sat down, and started shooting some video. This is what happened.

A word of warning, you may lose faith in the human race.



God only knows what they were doing after I followed them and they got out of the truck.

5 comments:

jimmy jimmy said...

that's disheartening, but really interesting. i'm so curious as to what they were up to.

Haylee Joel said...

I'm so shocked by what you recorded out there.. you think that the guy is really sad about this fawn dying or something, but he really just wanted to pick it up and throw it in the back of his pickup. Strange.

Evan Konrad said...

That was really amazing and disturbing...but wtf, why did they put it in the truck and take off...

mant said...

WHAT???

seriously, wtf.

the only thing i can think of is that they hit it with a car, left the scene to get a truck, and came back to pick it up to take home and eat.

Joel said...

this makes me and my girlfriend sad. she wants me to tell you it makes her want to cry. :(